Hey! I’m Tim MacDonald, a software developer based in Melbourne, Australia building quality software solutions for projects large and small. My passion is building out functional, maintainable, and well tested web applications using the Laravel framework.
From the top
For several years, a friend and I ran Wagga Wagga Web, a corporate web development business. The business focused mainly on WordPress projects, but took on anything tech related we could get our hands dirty with. Having produced my fair share of business websites, I decided it was time to break out of the world of corporate website design using platforms like WordPress and embrace more full-featured frameworks, like Laravel, to produce web based apps.
I landed a position working with the Wiradjuri Condobolin Corporation (WCC) on their language revitalisation program, building software to help preserve and maintain Indigenous languages throughout Australia. During my time there I built an array of native iOS and Android apps that interact with a Laravel API backend, as well as a web frontend. The system was built as a cookie cutter so additional language groups can benefit from these great tools and have their own apps rapidly produced.
After developing the language software system while working at the WCC, I decided it was time to go out on my own and start helping other businesses create their own software solutions that help automate and make their business more productive and streamlined. I have also been building software apps that businesses are founded on.
I very much enjoy being a part of the developer community whenever possible and I am hoping to add a few more notches to the belt over the coming years, but here are a few things I've been involved with:
- Presented "Follow the Eloquent Road" at Laracon US, 2020.
- Was a guest on the Road to Laracon Podcast
- Presented "Expressive eloquent collections" at Laracon AU, 2019.
- Presented "Making your test suite better, faster, stronger" at the PHP Laravel Framework meetup.
- Presented "Expressive eloquent collections" at the PHP Laravel Framework Sydney meetup.
- Assisted as a volunteer for the inaugural Laracon AU in Sydney.
- Initiated and organised the Riverina Developer Meetup (No longer active).
- Assisted as a volunteer for the Wagga Hack 4 Good: Student 'Hack Experience'.
If you have an event on and are looking for someone with developer / programming skills to help out, or present a talk, I'd love for you to reach out and let me know about it ✌️